Blog Views

Saturday 10 November 2012

Top Read for Quail Lovers


That Quail Robert 
by: Margret A. Stanger

That little bird
That one
The Nation's Heart...

IN LOS ANGLELES: "Robert revealed to those about her (he turned out to be a she) that there is indeed a universal language that all life shares. It's called love."
-Los Angleles Herald-Examiner

"That Quail Robert" by Margaret A. Stanger is a true story about a little bobwhite quail named Robert who is raised by a family of humans. When Dr. Thomas Kienzle and his wife Mildred, a retired couple from Cape Cod, Massachusetts came upon an abandoned quail egg one day, they decided that they might as well try to hatch it. I don't wan't to give away the story for you but lets just say that from this moment on in the story this retired couple's life would be changed forever.  I highly recommend this book to any and every quail lover out there, it's just one of those books that forces you to smile. 

If you have read or do end up reading "That Quail Robert" please do comment below. I would love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Im in the process of reading it right now. Im half way through. I found it at my local library a few days ago when I was researching bob white quails because Id like to raise some.

    I just love the story/book. It's so amazing how wildlife has emotions and feelings. I love the way gentle humans looked past the disbelief and enjoyed being around Robert.

    I can relate to some of what the book says about how Robert had emotions and her own set of likes and dislikes. Ive had chickens off and on all of my life and have saw how each one has their own set of personality traits like humans do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love,LOVE that sweet little book. Robert and the Kienzle family were certainly fortunate to experience life with a quail. This is a tender story of the obvious love the humans and the quail experienced as they lived closely together.

    ReplyDelete